Credits
INCLUDE THIS SECTION IF YOU TRANSLATE THIS TO OTHER LANGUAGES
Feel free to translate this to other languages, just make sure as to include the credits section as included here. Thanks.
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo! Yorimichi 4-Kai Me! by Natsume Akatsuki
Illustrations by Kurone Mishima.
Originally published by Kadokawa on February 28th, 2026.
English translation by H. Berry
Upcoming chapters will be posted on Patreon and Ko-Fi first!
Chapter 4 : The Pride and Determination of a
Veteran Adventurer!
Part 1
One night.
While Aqua and the others
finished dinner early and gathered in the hall to play cards, I stood by the
window with my back turned to them and quietly muttered to myself.
“I want to go on an
adventure.”
“Does anyone have the ten
of diamonds? At this rate I won’t have anything left to play!”
“Aqua, do you have the
four of spades or the ten of hearts? Trade with me! I’ll give you the ten of
diamonds!”
“It’s my turn, I got the
four of hearts.”
Perhaps the cool breeze
blowing through the window drowned my murmur, as my words failed to reach them…
“I don’t have either. I’m
really unlucky today… Pass.”
“Oh… now I feel bad for
you. Here.”
“It’s my turn. I got the
three of hearts.”
There’s a cool breeze
because I froze the window frame with a Freeze spell, as if trying to smother
the warm, cheerful atmosphere behind me.
Of course my muttering
was drowned out by three loud girls completely absorbed in their game of Domino[1].
“I want to go on an
adventure,” I announced myself, louder this time.
“Yes! I got the jack of
diamonds! …anyone got a queen? A ten of spades or jack of clubs work for me
too.”
“Do you only need high
cards? Hmm… I’ve got the jack of clubs…”
“And I got the two of
hearts.”
I extended one hand.
“Wind Breath!”
“Wahhhhhhhhhhh! What are you doing!?”

Aqua cried as her cards
scattered through the room. Darkness and Megumin clutched their cards tightly.
“You don’t listen to me!
You don’t let me play with you and you don’t listen to what I have to say! I
had no choice!”
“You always cheat when
you play with us, you cheating NEET!”
“I don’t know if you
cheat, but somehow you always win. You always start with all the sevens.”
“It’s not fair to play
with you. We should play something that requires memory, not something where
you can pick up all the right cards right away by luck.”
They leave me out and
accuse me of cheating!?
“Well,
excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for being so good. I’m sorry for ruining your crappy
game. It’s not my fault you can’t beat me.”
“And you’re mocking us
after running our game? Let’s all give him a piece of our mind°”
“You’re one to talk
Megumin! You always throw the cards away when you’re about to lose!”
“Anyway, what do you
want?” Aqua diligently picked the cards. “I don’t want to be interrupted again,
so I’ll listen to you now. Speak.”
“I said I want to go on
an adventure! We’re adventurers, so shouldn’t we actually go adventuring once
in a while!?”
Hearing my heartfelt cry,
the three fell silent.
“Really? So you want to
take on a quest and fight monsters? …fess up, what did you do with all your
money?! I bet you squandered it all! Booze and women! You always win at
gambling, so you must have squandered it!”
That’s just plain mean.
“Alcohol aside, it was
probably women, you pay enough fines for sexual harassment already…”
Why is she blushing?
Darkness, I do spend a
lot of my money, but to pay debts!
…Megumin silently tossed
her wallet at me. Almost as if saying ‘use this’
“Listen to me before you
run your mouths! I haven’t squandered any money, I still have a lot! That’s not
the reason, I just want to have a proper adventure!”
It all started with a
book.
In a cool room surrounded
by ice, I was lounging in bed, reading a book with snacks and juice on the
side.
Finally, with a carefree
life, I’ve been reading books I don’t even know how they got to my bookshelves.
And one has quite the
title, ‘Yeah, let’s go on an adventure!’
It almost felt like it
was mocking me. I thought it was the works of those three, but nah, too subtle
for them.
Since I had nothing
better to read, I picked it up.
Megumin picked the book
with a look of disbelief.
“You’re telling me this
is the reason? Everyone reads stories like this as children. It’s just a phase.
A rite of passage. Back in the village, all the boys used to dream about
becoming adventurers. Then they grew out of it and started collecting insects
instead. They’d dig up cicada larvae and turn them into experience points.”
“That’s silly, you should
raise insects and then have them fight your friends’ insects.”
I couldn’t care less how
children collect insects. I just want to go on an adventure.
The word Adventurer has
three meanings.
First, there’s the actual
Adventurer class. My class.
People love looking down
on it because it’s the beginner class, but Adventurers are versatile. We can
learn any skill, adapt to anything, and become absurdly strong with enough
effort.
Another meaning is the
general term for everyone in the Adventurers’ Guild.
There are other names of
course, but most people refer to members of the guild as adventurers,
regardless of their class. That’s because Adventurer is supposed to be the
original class, the only one created by the gods.
Further proof that
Adventurer is secretly the strongest class.
And finally, the pure
definition, someone that goes on adventures. Someone who journeys into the
unknown. Someone who seeks unexplored lands and uncovers the mysteries of the
world.
Every legendary hero
started as an adventurer. In other words, adventurers are the real heroes.
“So yeah, as the only
Adventurer in this town, I want a proper adventure. That said, I don’t want
some lame monster exterminating quest. I’ve had enough frogs for a lifetime.”
Of course, raw strength
isn’t the only thing an adventurer needs.
One needs all kinds of
skills, to adapt to any situation, someone that can overcome anything.
While I spoke
passionately, Megumin and Darkness looked at me like some pathetic loser.
“So, the idiot spreading
that rumor about Adventurers being the strongest class, was you? Adventurers
level up slowly even compared to ordinary people, you know? I know you’re
attached to your starter class, but you have no stat boosts. You’re basically
worthless.”
“By the way, what level
are you at now? You must’ve gained plenty of experience points, it’s not a bad
idea for you to change classes.”
“...”
“No, no. This NEET can’t
do that,” Aqua calmly explained while I remained silent. “Even though his level
and stats have increased, no new classes have appeared on his adventurer card.
It’s fine, Kazuma. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. And you have lots of
weaknesses.”
Megumin and Darkness
immediately panicked.
“N-No, Aqua’s right in a
good way! Right person, right class! You’ve still accomplished incredible
things despite your terrible class!”
“Y-Yes! Most adventurers
never reach advanced classes at all!”
I silently turned my back
to the three girls trying to comfort me.
“Shut up! You advanced
classes don’t get to comfort me! Remember that kind words can hurt people! Just
you wait, I’m going on a grand adventure without you!”
And with that, I stormed
dramatically into the night.
Part 2
I ran away from home
after the supposed Advanced Classes hurt my feelings. But almost right away I
was at a loss of what to do.
“I stormed out after
making a scene, but I left empty handed. It’d be embarrassing to go back…”
I’m sure they’ll all look
at me with pitying eyes if I go back dejectedly. And then they’ll try to make
me feel better with snacks and drinks.
…maybe I should go back.
Even though I said I
wanted an adventure, I was only influenced by a book. I don’t really know where
to go or what to do.
Are there even uncharted
territories or unsolved mysteries out there?
I’m losing focus, but I
don’t want to go back home like this, maybe I’ll sleep out tonight…
Yeah! I’ll go to a fancy
restaurant, I should be able to make it at this hour!
For the past week or so,
the succubi shop has been closed. As all the succubi were rabidly searching for
Vanir. But the shop is finally open again.
Normally, Megumin gets
suspicious when I stay out overnight, but now I can do it without worries.
Hell, I could spend multiple nights out if I want.
I had to wait for a
while, but I’m excited about finally enjoying the succubus service again!
And after I helped them
with the whole satanist incident they gave me a VIP card, getting me
preferential treatment.
I’ll make use of it now.
I don’t really care about
going on adventures. I’d rather use the card.
“Hey dude, you seem in a
good mood. Where are you going so late?”
As I was about to
disappear into the night, I heard a familiar voice behind me.
Turning to the thuggish
remark, I saw Dust, an unmistakable thug.
He knows exactly where
I’m going.
I immediately pretended
to panic and played along.
“W-what!? It’s none of
your business where I go! I’m in a hurry. Can I leave now?”
Translated, that meant.
(The shop’s open. I need to hurry and make a reservation.)
Yeah.
“Hey, don’t be so cold.
It must be lonely to walk around here by yourself. I’m a kind guy, so I’ll hang
out with you.”
He actually said. (I’m
coming with you!)
Yeah.
“S-sorry… but I don’t
have much money. There’s no point in coming with me.”
(I’m not treating you,
chump. But if you’re paying your own way, sure.)
“Hehe, don’t worry. I
won’t mooch off a rookie adventurer like you! Come on, let’s get going!”
(Don’t worry about that.
Let’s go!)
We were having fun having
our little skit, but as we were about to head to the shop…
“Please wait a moment.”
Turning toward the new
voice, we spotted a red-haired girl sitting on a bench smoking a cigarette.
She seems to be around
the same age as me, maybe even a bit younger judging by her height.
It’s also really obvious
she’s not used to smoking at all…
The red-haired girl had a
well-worn sword at her waist and light armor bearing small scars here and
there. She probably comes from the frontlines.
“...sorry, but I want to
be soothed by a cute girl. Do you mind if I fill your survey or whatever some
other time?”
“What are you talking
about? That thug there is obviously harassing you, isn’t he?”
With that, she casually
pressed the cigarette into her bare palm to put it out, like she was trying to
show off, and stood up.
I guess there’s no
minimum age for smoking in this world.
Honestly, as she looks so
young, smoking makes her seem like she’s just trying too hard to look cool.
“Uhm, not really… did you
burn yourself doing that?”
“Hmph, when you reach my
level, something like this doesn’t hurt at all. For a veteran from the front
lines like me, this is nothing.”
Wow, so she is from the
front lines.
Now that I think about
it, Darkness won the city’s endurance contest a while back.
I thought she’s just a
masochist, but maybe high-level adventurers genuinely stop feeling pain after a
point.
“More importantly… Where
are you taking that pathetic kid?”
“What?!”
Dusty and I flinched.
“What are you doing with
that pathetic looking kid? I bet you’re planning to extort some pocket money
from him in that alley, right? If not, just tell me where you’re going.”
“U-uhm…”
Dust and I instinctively
took a step back, sweating nervously under the weird girl’s interrogation.
This is bad, we can’t
tell a female adventurer where we’re going.
“...why are you panicking
too? Weren’t you being harassed? Or… are you hiding something too?”
I feel bad about this,
the girl doesn’t realize Dust and I are friends.
In that case, then we
should just keep up our little act.
“I-I don’t know this guy
at all! But don’t get involved with him! His name is Dust, and just like the
name suggests, he’s a filthy thug who preys on weak adventurers, whether
they’re men or women!”
“Hey!?”
“Men or women!?”
Oddly enough, that was
the only part she reacted to.
Meanwhile, Dust caught on
to what I was doing.
“Heheheh! That’s right! If
you’re thinking of picking up a fight with me, you better reconsider. I’ve got
the backing of a princess from another country. She’s completely head over
heels for me!”
“So, you really don’t
care if it's a man or a woman! Why do you mean by backing…? Is a princess
funding your perverted fantasies?! Ah… Why were you taking that pathetic kid to
the alley!?”
She’s focusing on very
odd details.
“No, it’s not like that!
Damn it, you’re way too loud! If you keep yelling, people are gonna gather
here. Look, let’s just drop this—”
“Tell me more! If it’s a
problem that more people come here, then let’s go somewhere else!”
“What the hell is your
problem!? Damn, I won’t forget this!”
And with that, Dust ran
away.
“I bet you’re worried
that pathetic thug will come back. But don’t worry. I’ll escort you somewhere
safer and more crowded.”
No, I want to go with
Dust to the succubus shop.
Damn, I can’t go like
this, I guess I’ll have to give up for today…
“You’re lucky I happened
to be here. If I hadn’t stepped in, who knows what could’ve happened to you?
You should be grateful.”
I’m supposed to be
thankful to the person who ruined my night?
The girl watched down the
alley Dust disappeared into with a wistful face.
Then she pulled out
another cigarette and lit it using a very familiar-looking oil lighter.
Really, I’m pretty sure
we’re about the same age.
But as she’s an
adventurer from the front lines, she’s more experienced than me, so she’s my
senior.
As she ruined my night, I
already don’t like her, but she did try to help me, so I should say thanks at
least.
“Yeah, thanks or
whatever.”
“You’re particularly
pathetic even among the pathetic adventurers of this pathetic town. Why are you
so rude to me? If you’re grateful, at least show some respect.”
…
“Excuse me, but could you
do that thing again? The trick where you put out the cigarette with your hand?
That looked really cool.”
“Huh? Um… Fine, I guess…”
Ten minutes later.
“Cough! Cough! Cough! Is
this enough already!? It’s not difficult, but… I’m running out of cigarettes…”
“It’s only natural for a
rookie adventurer like me to help his seniors! I’ll go buy you more, so keep
going!”
At my expectant urging,
my smoking senior lit yet another cigarette with tears in her eyes for some
reason.
Her right hand is bright
red, probably for putting out so many cigarettes.
“If you get too warm, I
can cast a Freeze spell on you.”
“Don’t worry, this
doesn’t burn… say, have your pathetic friends, if you have any, ever told you
that you have an awful personality?”
My friends wouldn’t hurl
such light insults. They’d call me scumbag, or Trashuma, or even worse.
“Nope, never!”
“Those eyes… you aren’t
lying…” she muttered something. “Wait, this isn’t the time for this. I helped
you, so you should thank me.”
She looked at me with a
defiant smile, then tossed the half-smoked cigarette and stomped it out.
“No, because of you I
couldn’t make a reservation. If anything, you caused me a lot of trouble. You
suck.”
“Oh, it was nothing—Ah?
What did you just say? You said I caused you trouble?”
She stared at me in
genuine shock.
“You heard me. You suck.
Suckity suck suck suck. You ruined my night and I’ll never forgive you. Anyway,
you still have cigarettes left, right?”
She ignored that and put
away her cigarette pack.
“Ah… I’m Angie, renowned
as the Angie of the Scarlet Edge, or Rune Knight Angie. I have all sorts of
names, I’m basically the leader of the adventurers who have returned from the
front lines,” Angie regained her composure and flashed another defiant smile.
“I’ll be staying in this pathetic town for a while. I was hoping to find
someone who could show me to the Adventurers' Guild.”
“Sure, there’s a tobacco
shop on the way.”
For some reason, her
smile vanished.
“…Hey. Are you mocking
me? Or are you actually holding a grudge?”
“Yes to both.”
For some reason, she
looked at me as if I was some sort of thug.
Part 3
As we headed toward the
Adventurers’ Guild, I started venting to Angie.
Not about not being able
to go to the succubi shop anymore, but rather of not having been able to go to
many adventures despite being an adventurer.
“I’m telling you, that’s
why I want a real adventure. You’d understand if you lived here. All we ever
get are quests to kill frogs, day after day. And don’t even get me started on
the cabbage raids. There’s zero sense of adventure in this town!”
“I don’t care about your
pathetic life. I’m a natural genius and I was in an Advanced Class from the get
go. I had no intention of making a pathetic party with pathetic losers, so I
skipped this pathetic town. That’s why I don’t know where the guild is.”
…
“That’s why I can’t
sympathize with a pathetic little man like you… even a below average adventure
would level up enough to leave this town in no more than three months. How much
did you say you’ve been living here?”
…
“All this area has been
thoroughly mapped out, but most of the area between the front lines and the
Demon King Army is uncharted territory. It’s filled with undiscovered monsters,
dungeons and ruins! They’re not going anywhere, so there’s no real rush, so as
long as you apply your pathetic body, there are several adventures out there.
You’re a rookie, right? So you probably haven’t even been here that long.
Though I guess I’m not one to talk, considering I skipped over all the pathetic
rookie stuff myself.”
Angie tried to reason
with me, but I remained silent…
“...it’s been a year
since I became an adventurer. I’m still just a simple adventurer.”
Angie suddenly stopped.
“…Seriously? Pfft…! …Pffahah…! W-Wait…! Ahahahahahahahaha! You’ve been stuck in
the weakest class for almost a year!? Ahahahahahaha! And you still want to go
on some grand adventure!? Ahahahahahahahaha!”
Man, she’s so annoying.
Hold on.
I think Angie may just be
a little girl trying to act more mature than she is. But I’m pretty sure Rune
Knight is an Advanced Class.
While she approached with
good intentions, she ruined my night and has all around been a bitch to me, so
it’s time for a little payback.
But if I were to use
Steal on her I think she’ll get mad and send me to Lady Eris, and I don’t want
that.
“Hey, there’s the tobacco
shop. I’ll buy you some cigarettes. I’ll even treat you if you want.”
“Um… I-I’ll pass on the
cigarettes. It makes me feel bad for a pathetic adventurer like you to treat me
anyway.”
She’s really making me
mad. This ‘pathetic adventurer’ has way more money than you.
Besides, she wasn’t even
properly smoking. She just puffed out a little smoke, but she never inhaled any
of it.
“Don’t worry. I’m rich
enough to live as a NEET forever. You seem to like strong cigarettes, but how
about cigars?”
“N-no, stop! I-I have a
daily limit. You see, if I smoke too much, monsters will be able to track my
scent. Smokers have to be careful about that.”
Lame, even though she
claims to be a hardened veteran.
“Okay, how about I treat
you to some strong liquor at the guild, Angie? You’re a brat, but I know that
higher level means high resistance to poison, so you should be able to drink
strong stuff. I learned that from a friend.”
“Oh, alcohol… I don’t
know, a pathetic loser treating me—Wait, what did you call me?”
Angie’s expression turned
serious.
“I called you Angie. Is
using just your name a problem?”
“No, not that! You just
casually insulted me again!”
As I led the ranting
Angie, the guild eventually came into view.
“If you keep acting like
a brat, people will look down on you. That’s the guild over there.”
“You just called me a
brat! Know that I’m 17 years old!”
She’s the same age as me.
Depending on her
birthday, I may be a bit younger. But I don’t want her to feel any more high
and mighty.
“Age doesn’t matter for
adventurers. Even if I were older than you, a rookie like me should still
respect his seniors. That’s just common sense.”
“I don’t care about that,
tell me how old you are!”
Ignoring her, I stopped
in front of the guild’s entrance.
“Here we are. Though
honestly, I’ve mostly heard bad things about you front-line adventurers. Why do
you all act so full of yourselves?”
“I’m not acting. This is
just what happens when you work a dangerous job all the time. People get rough
around the edges.”
Sure, but you can’t even
smoke properly.
“The people who came here
with me wanted a peaceful town with weak monsters so they could relax for once.
Front-line towns may pay well, but they’re also places where you can die at any
moment.”
Come to think of it, I
haven’t seen any of those veteran adventurers hunting frogs.
I bet they have plenty of
money and don’t really need to. As Angie said, they’re probably trying to rest.
“So that’s why they
haven’t come to the guild. But then, why do you want to come here? You can’t
make much money in this town.”
“I already told you. I’m
the leader of the veteran group. And apparently one of my people got into a
fistfight with a member of the Crimson Magic Clan.”
I know, I remember
hearing something like that while helping Darkness.
“I’m trying to track that
person down and settle the score. Adventurers usually live in inns, but I have
checked them all and I haven’t found anyone with red eyes.”
I know who she’s looking
for. But she lives in a mansion, you won’t find her in an inn.
“That Crimson Magic idiot
must be a rookie too. I know those people are dangerous, but I’m not about to
let some rookie, no matter who they are, look down on us veterans. Even
high-level Crimson Magic Clan members aren’t tough enough to beat front-line adventurers
in a fistfight. They must’ve used magic somehow.” Angie bit her thumbnail in
frustration.
But that member of the
Crimson Magic Clan must be crazy high level with everything she’s defeated.
“It’s only fair to beat
someone up if they go too far. But using magic in a fistfight is cowardly. As a
veteran, it’s my duty to teach rookies some common sense. Besides…” a sadistic
smile appeared on her lips. “If things keep up, I, a leader, will also be
looked down upon. I’ll pick up a fight with whoever is here to send a message:
a veteran is here, you pathetic losers.”
Well, hearing that an
Archwizard who only knows Explosion has been running around picking fistfights
with people does sound pretty ridiculous.
“Are you sure about this?
The people that hang in here at this time are pretty shady. Plus, there won’t
be any of your friends, nobody will help you.”
“Ha! As if I needed help
fighting pathetic losers. Besides, I’ve always been a solo adventurer, rookies
are nothing for me. Who do you take me for? I am a Rune Knight, Angie of the
Scarlet Edge!”
“That nickname is way too
tryhard. You came up with it yourself, didn’t you? And I bet it’s only because
your hair is red.”
“Tryhard!? That’s it, I’m
done taking insults from a pathetic loser like you! I’ll start my beatdown with
you—!”
Ignoring her, I opened
the door.
Part 4
A heatwave that rivals a
summer night rushed out from the guild.
At night, the guild’s
clientele changes drastically, it’s nothing like you’d see during the day.
“Welcome! Would you like
food or drinks? If you’re interested in me, I’m currently working, please come
back another time!”
Standing imposingly in
front of the door was a large, masked part-time worker wearing an apron over a
suit.
“O-Okay, I’ll go home…”
Angie gently closed the door.
As the overwhelmed
veteran tried to retreat, I immediately grabbed her shoulder.
“Hey, where do you think
you’re going, brat? Weren’t you going to beat up all the rookies here?”
“You called me brat
again! I heard you clearly!”
Angie burst open the door
in a rage and glared up at Vanir.
“G-good evening! I-I just
came to check out the place out and maybe have a drink!”
Vanir responded with a
polite bow, it’s difficult to say if Angie is intimated or not.
“Good evening! Welcome,
sir and madam. Are two seats in the counter fine with you?”
“Y-yes, that’s fine…”
Vanir didn’t tease me as
usual, he just led me to a free seat.
The great devil seems to
be working diligently.
Angie hid behind the menu
and whispered.
(Hey, what’s up with that
waiter…? I’ve seen him on a wanted poster. I’m pretty sure there’s a big bounty
for him.)
“He’s just a part-time
worker. He ran away from home a while ago, but while he was gone the shop he
works at took massive losses, so he had to come back. He’s just trying to raise
funds.”
“How are you saying that
so casually!?”
“You said this is your
first time here, right? Then it’s understandable you don’t get it. He may be an
unusual waiter, but he’s good with customers. Come on, let’s order some hard
drinks.”
Angie nervously looked
over the menu while sneaking glances at Vanir.
“Everything is so
expensive… I’d like a cocktail. Ninja Ale? Gin Sonic? Piledriver? Odd Eye… hey,
pathetic loser, you order first. As your senior, I’ll treat you. I’ll have the
same as you.”
She tries to act
experienced, but it’s painfully obvious this is the first time she’s ever heard
any of those names.
“Are you sure? You don’t
seem to have much money, and I bet you don’t know how to drink.”
“Are you saying I’m a
lightweight, you pathetic loser? I ought to punch you. Of course I can drink.
And like I said, the front lines pay well. Hurry up and order already.”
“Okay. A bottle of Dom
Perignon, please!”
“What!? Hold on a second,
I don’t drink much but even I know that name!”
“A bottle of Don
Perignon! With two glasses!” Vanir rushed in high spirits with the expensive
champagne.
“A-ah, wait!”
Before Angie could stop
him, Vanir sliced the cork clean off with a knife.
The rare luxury alcohol,
combined with the flashy way he opened it, caused a huge commotion throughout
the guild.
“Ah…” Angie’s voice
disappeared as she was about to say something.
As the Perignon was
poured into the glass, the light faded from her eyes.
What’s wrong with her?
“Thanks for the treat,
bratty senior. I’ve never had this before, I’m very happy.”
“Oh, really…? It’s my
first time drinking this too. We should try to savor it and drink slowly…”
We clinked our cups and
enjoyed the aroma of the liquor.
Angie, clearly not used
to drinking, kept glancing at me, imitating my every move.
“This fruity aroma is
definitely what you’d expect from a Perignon.”
“Y-yes, that's right.
It’s definitely a strong scent. Supposedly Perignon is so expensive because
they only use the strongest wild grapes as ingredients.”
Yes, strongest grapes,
the kind of nonsense you only hear in this shitty other world.
Whatever, let’s just
enjoy it.
We raised our glasses and
then…
“...this is very sour.”
“If you can’t enjoy the
taste, that shows you’re a rookie. Perignon is supposed to be sour.”
Really now, she doesn’t
think it’s sour?
“I think it’s too much
for me. You can drink the rest.”
“W-what!? All of this by
myself!?”
She basically said she
can appreciate the taste, so it’s better that way.
“Hey, bring me the usual!
An ice cold one!”
“That’s not fair! You
drink some too! You were the one who ordered it! Don’t waste it! I’d rather
have something sweet—!”
“Your order is ready.”
We hadn’t even finished
when Vanir showed up behind us with our drinks.
Damn, he must’ve read our
minds.
“...I haven’t mentioned
what I want, how come you already have it?”
“Part-timers are very
hard workers. …ah! It’s so good to drink this!”
“Hey, you’re not much
older than me, but you keep acting like an old man… Ah, it’s sweet!”
As I gulped down my beer,
Angie sipped her cocktail slowly, smiling.
Glancing at the kitchen
wishing for something to eat, I made eye contact with Vanir, who was already
coming with food.
It’s creepy, but I guess
it’s efficient, we don’t have to wait.
“Hey, weren’t you going
to beat up the people here? Before you do that, I’ll go wash my hands.”
“...Oh, right. I remember
the true reason why I came here.”
Angie looked at the food
with a troubled expression, but then regained her composure and smiled
defiantly.
After I came back from
the bathroom I found her sitting cross-legged on the ground with tears in her
eyes.
“What’s the matter,
crying senior? I left for a moment and things got interesting.”
“Well, I don’t know…
Suddenly this terrifying woman with crazy eyes grabbed me and went, ‘You’re not
forcing that poor rookie adventurer to drink all this by himself, right!? Since
you’re the senior, obviously you’re treating everyone!’”
Sure enough, the bottle
is gone.
On the corner of the
guild, I saw my stalker happily drinking it with some other woman.
“Thanks for the treat!”
They raised their glasses
and cheered.
The junior, which is to
say my senior, forced a smile and waved in response.
“So you generously gave
them the bottle. Weren’t you going to beat them up? Or is that your way of
teaching them a lesson?”
“They are obviously not
bad people, so I gifted it to them! Evidently, this pathetic town has a few
decent residents.”
Perhaps relieved as more
people arrived, she sat properly.
“Oh? So now you’re gonna
pick a fight? There are plenty of Advanced Classes around here, you know. Good
luck.”
“At no point did I say
I’d use violence against them, you pathetic loser. Adventurers understand via
results. You said you wanted to go on an adventure, didn’t you? I’ll take you
with me. Be glad, pathetic loser, I’ll show you a true adventure!”
She slowly sipped her
cocktail.
Part 5
The next day.
As I finished getting
ready to leave, Megumin stared at me in disbelief.
“You know, I figured
you’d given up on that silly idea after a good night's sleep. Fine! If you’re
so eager to go on an adventure, I’ll lend you my strength!"
Following Megumin’s
enthusiastic response, Darkness chimed in too.
“Megumin and I enjoy adventures.
Let’s go to the guild and take a quest before Kazuma changes his mind.”
“I’m not going to our
usual picnic with a bit of frog hunting,” I scoffed at them. “I’m off to a real
adventure. I can’t babysit you two today.”
I’m pretty sure that got
my point across.
“Ahhhhh! Stop trying to
sabotage my adventure! Aqua, do something!”
“No, it’s your fault for
being so mean to them. Don’t drag me into this,” Aqua laid on the sofa, coldly
ignoring my pleas. “What are you even going to do on your own? Without bait you
wouldn’t be able to beat a single frog. Come, come over and let’s have a drink.
We can just laze around until night, and then we’ll eat at the guild. We have a
ton of money, there’s no need to work hard!”
I was almost swayed by
that, but if I return to the NEET path, I’ll never go on a real adventure.
While Darkness and
Megumin had me pinned face down on the floor, I reached one hand into my
pocket.
“Watch out, Kazuma is up
to something!”
“What, are you going to
use Steal? Too bad, it’s only us here! So even if you strip me naked… strip me…
Hrrk!”
Darkness pushed Megumin
away to make sure only she was on top of me.
With my face still
pressed against the floor, I took something out of my pocket.
“Flash!”
“!?”
I had a scroll with a
Flash spell on it.
It’s a single-use,
disposable item that works just by yelling the spell’s name.
Originally, this is very
expensive, as most magic scrolls are. However these scrolls have become very
popular with adventurers, so someone began mass producing them, they’re very
cheap and common.
The burst of light
exploded directly in their faces.
“Ahhhhhh! My eyes! My
eyes!”
“You coward! Ah! Kazuma
disappeared!”
The moment Darkness let
go, I crawled out from underneath her.
“You shouldn’t rely only
on your sight, Darkness! It’s time you awaken your third eye… there he is!”
Megumin used her third
eye and threw Chomosuke. She’s seemingly used to that treatment, as she didn’t
even meow.
“Ahhhhhh! Something’s
scratching me! Heeeeeeeeeeelp!!”
Chomosuke clung to the
blinded Aqua, gnawing at her head.
“You fiend! Not happy
with just blinding Aqua, you’re hurting her too!”
I haven’t done anything.
“Aqua, didn’t you say you
can see in the dark? Use your magic to see where Kazuma is, he’s obviously
doing something to you!”
“I’m pretty sure Kazuma
doesn’t have claws!”
“Blinded like that, you
can’t possibly know that! It’s broad daylight, Kazuma, you’re not just getting
away!”
I calmly got my bags and
left the house, while the other three were fighting among themselves.
Part 6
“Ah… finally you show
your pathetic face.”
I was greeted by an
exhausted looking Angie at the guild.
“Good morning to you too.
Thanks for treating me yesterday.”
Angie claimed she had
high alcohol tolerance, so I made sure to get her completely wasted.
“Hey… how much did you
drink? I woke up with very little money.”
Not just me, she treated
everyone in the guild.
“It was you who said it’s
a senior’s job to treat their juniors. That’s what happens when you act all
high and mighty despite being broke. Though honestly, you should puff your
chest out more. Not that there’s much there to puff.”
“That doesn’t mean I had
to treat everyone! I’m pretty there were higher level adventurers than me last
night! Adventurers in this pathetic town just have no integrity—” she suddenly
froze. “Wait, what did you say? You said something else after mentioning I had
no money.”
“I said, ‘You’re so
amazeballs! You came from the front lines, and despite being broke you treated
all of us!’”
“Pathetic liar! You said
something awful to me again! You’ve been like that since we met last night,
you’re not grateful at all! You’re mocking me, aren’t you!?”
Ignoring Angie’s
protests, I headed towards the quest board.
It’s been a while since
I’ve come here.
Lately, the guild isn’t
posting frog extermination quests, just show up with your adventurer card and
they give you the job.
“I want a quest that’d be
difficult for a pathetic rookie like you. I want to show my skills as a
veteran, something difficult with a high reward would be perfect. But I wonder
if such a pathetic town has quests like that…”
Angie started scanning
the difficult requests I usually ignore.
I want the most
adventure-like quest we can find.
“Hey, what about this
one? It’s about collecting a Helios Brom, a flower that grows on the head of a
mountain qoatlus. Apparently, those things are super rare flying monsters that
roam all over the continent, but one was recently spotted north of here. That
sounds perfect.”
“Those are huge,
ferocious monsters, so big they’re often mistaken for mountains. I may be able
to do it on my own, but it’ll be impossible with a pathetic loser in tow. Let’s
pick something safer.”
Collecting flowers from
the top of a giant monster sounds extremely adventure-like, though.
“You didn’t mean me, did
you? Despite what I look like, I always get things done.”
“Is there another
pathetic loser standing here? Those monsters are enormous and slow, so climbing
onto their backs isn’t the problem. The issue is that they obsessively protect
those flowers. The moment one gets stolen, they become incredibly violent. A pathetic
loser like you would never escape alive.”
She’s totally scared.
“If the flowers are too
difficult, how about this? There’s a quest about collecting Fairy Butterflies,
they live on the backs of mountain qoatlus. They’re supposed to be beautiful,
that sounds good!”
“No qoatlus! Those things
are dangerous enough that slaying one counts as a top-tier quest! Let’s pick
something safer!”
Yep. Definitely scared.
“Let’s go frog hunting
then. You’ll be the bait, I’ll take them down and get the experience. It’s what
a senior would do.”
“Like hell! We can do
better than that! And what makes you think I’ll be the bait for a pathetic
loser? …ah, this one! This one’s perfect!”
“A quest to collect
Patpatium[2]? What the
hell is that? Are you messing with me?”
I couldn’t help but say
that with the ridiculous names things have in this shitty other world.
“I should mock you,
pathetic loser, but no. Patpatium is a popular mineral among collectors. We can
collect more than we need and make an extra profit. The reward is quite high to
begin with, we may be able to find some belagimite[3]
on the way too.”
She sounds like Aqua now.
“Why do you suddenly
sound so greedy? Your eyes are sparkling.”
“I’m just describing the
stone, it’s very valuable, that’s all. It’s not unusual for such a lucrative
quest to be around such a pathetic town. But the fact that it has remained
untouched for so long means it must be challenging.”
Angie gleefully tore off
the request form.
“I don’t think the
average person can tell what patpatium even is. I haven’t even heard of
belagimite, sounds worthless.”
“That’s because you’re a
pathetic loser. A rookie pathetic loser. We’ll take this quest. I know a great
deal about gemstones. Patpatium can usually be found near mountain summits. You
wanted an adventure, right? The view from the top of a mountain after finishing
a quest is incredible.”
I see, so she took my
idea of wanting to go on an adventure into consideration.
“Alright. If it’s as good
as you say, I’ll give you all the stones.”
“You really don’t
understand the value of belagimite. Earl Sutton[4],
the famous mineral collector, once stated that belagimite could potentially
surpass coronatite in value—”
I covered my ears to
block out any more stupid words from reaching my head.
Part 7
Apparently patpatium can
be found somewhere in the mountains north of Axel.
“Listen, I don’t want to
ask this but, patpatium doesn’t attack, right? It’s just a precious stone, not
a monster.”
“Of course not, pathetic
loser. Stones don’t move. Not only are you pathetic and a loser, but you’re an
idiot too.”
Why does she have to be
so mean? In this world even vegetables attack people. I was just making sure.
“Strong monsters live in
these mountains. Make sure you stick close to me, pathetic loser. The monsters
here eat frogs for lunch.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll be
sure to follow your lead.”
For one, Aqua isn’t here.
If things go south, there won’t be anyone to heal me, and I doubt the petite
Angie will carry me back to town.
“Good, you should always
show me respect, pathetic loser. You really look down on me! …hey, a prey
showed up. Let me show you what I’m capable of!”
I detected an enemy a
while ago, but now it’s rushing towards us.
A monster I’ve never seen
before…
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!”
“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?! What
the hell are you doing!? Don’t use me as a shield, I’m not a Crusader!”
A giant slug is coming!
And it moves crazy fast,
unlike anything you’d expect from a slug!
“I hate slugs! When I was
a kid, I picked flowers for a girl once and the underside of the leaves was
covered in slugs!”
“I don’t care about your
pathetic past, let go of my hand! I’ll take care of that thing! Weapon Rune,
Sharpness!”
Angie’s sword glowed
faintly.
The giant slug rushed to
us without slowing down! How does that thing’s body even work!?
“That’s close enough!”
With one clean slash ,
Angie effortlessly cut the giant slug in half.
“That was amazing! You
one-shot the giant deadly slug! Sorry for underestimating you until now.”
“That was just an anemone
slug, pathetic loser. Stop giving everything stupidly dramatic names. And yes,
you should respect me more.”
Angie wiped the slime
from her sword with a cloth, sheathed the sword and then drew her dagger,
approaching the remains of the slug.
I backed away.
Giant frog meat is a
common ingredient in cooking here, so maybe…
“What the hell are you
doing!? I’m not going to eat that!”
“Of course not, pathetic
loser. The slug’s antennae are used as an ingredient in medicine. They sell for
a good price.”
With a straight face,
Angie cut off the antennae, wrapping them in paper before putting them away.
Her fearless demeanor
shows the epitome of a veteran adventure.
“You’re really a pro.
This is the first time I’ve gone on a true adventure.”
“Was that supposed to be
a compliment? What kind of life have you been living?”
While working for the
masochistic acting lord, I realized that while we may be particularly bad, all
adventurers in Axel are terrible.
What 99% of male
adventurers do is hunt frogs, get wasted and go to the succubi shop.
Though lately, a silly
game using the Flash scrolls has gotten popular.
Seeing me fall silent,
Angie looked troubled.
“Axel is meant to be a
town to train rookies to fight against the Demon King’s army. You are doing
that, right? Training while the rest of us fight in the front lines?”
I keep dying at the
so-called rookie town.
“I think Axel stopped
being that kind of place a long time ago. It’s basically just a normal town
now.”
“You’re not telling me
that while we put our lives on the front lines, you pathetic losers are living
a comfortable life… haha, nice joke. I’ll rub some slug slime on you if you
dare mock me again.”
Taking another step back,
I focused my enemy detection skill on her.
“Hey, I think there are
more enemies ahead. Two in fact. I’ll use my enemy detection skill and keep an
eye on them. You can take them out.”
I want to keep my
distance from her anyway.
“A pathetic loser like
you has enemy detection skills!? Then I have no need to guard you. Why didn’t
you notice the monster before? I bet you just left your guard down. Sigh, what
I get for getting involved with pathetic rookies…”
“No, I did notice it. I
just didn’t say anything because I knew you’d take care of it.”
“What!? Avoiding
unnecessary fights is basic adventurer common sense, you pathetic loser!”
The monsters are getting
closer.
“Monsters are coming
because you keep yelling! Take responsibility and defeat them!”
“You’ll regret this! You
owe me twice now!”
While we argued, two
humanoid monsters emerged from the brush.
A couple of kobolds,
rather weak monsters.
I can deal with them. I
grabbed my bow and aimed.
“Snipe!”
“Kyaa!”
Both arrows pierced their
targets cleanly through the head.
“There, I owe you nothing
now. In fact, since I killed two and you only killed one, you owe me.”
“Hahaha! You’re awfully
smug for a pathetic loser. Kobolds are so weak even children fight them. This
doesn’t count.”
A kobold once sent me to
Lady Eris…
“Nonetheless, I’m
surprised that you’re so skilled. Enemy detection and Sniping, you’re not an
average pathetic loser.”
“Yeah, I just proved I’m
better than you.”
“If you don’t want to
meet my blade, you better heave yourself!”
As Angie screamed, I
instinctively activated my Stealth skill and jumped into the nearby bushes to
hide.
Soon after, a violent
gust of wind swept through the area, plunging everything into shadow.
Looking up from the
bushes, I saw a gigantic monster leisurely flying away.
I hid instinctively, but
for a monster so big, I may as well be an ant.
“A mountain qoatlus… so
there is one around here…” Angie looked up
“So it’s called mountain
qoatlus because it’s as big as a mountain!?”
“Huh? Where did you come
from? Wait a minute, you have Stealth kills too!? And you hid without telling
your senior!?”
When I crawled out of the
bushes, Angie stared at me in disbelief.
“Just seeing that thing
from a distance is awe-inspiring,” I murmured softly while the dinosaur-like
monster flew away. “Yeah, no kidding we can’t get the flowers off that thing.
It feels wrong to harm such a magnificent and mysterious creature…”
“Don’t change the topic!
You tried to escape by yourself! You just came out because it’s far enough
away!”
As if chasing after the
qoatlus soaring away, I ignored the noisy Angie.
“This is boring, I’m
tired. Let’s go home.”
“...you truly are
pathetic.”
We’ve been trailing
through the mountain path for a few hours.
Being only slightly
stronger than an average person, I’m already getting bored of this adventure.
“I saw a qoatlus, that’s
enough adventure. Instead of the patpatium, let’s pick up some oddly shaped
stones and go back home. I know someone who likes them.”
“You give up way too
easily, pathetic loser. Besides, we’re almost at the summit. Even so, this is
easier than fighting monsters.”
Well yeah, I’ve been
using my enemy detection skill to avoid monsters all the way. It is easier,
but…
“I’m not built for
hiking. I spend most of my life indoors. My stamina’s terrible.”
“I can see that, pathetic
loser. Look, that’s the tree patpatium grows on. Now that we’re here you must
be feeling motivated.”
Actually, hearing that
stupid name again killed the last of my motivation.
We made our way through
the dense trees and finally reached the summit.
Tall hardwood trees
stretched into the sky, with ore-like crystals hanging from their branches.
“What do you think? The
view from here is magnificent, isn’t it?”
“If trees with dumb names
weren’t here, I’d be a little more impressed.”
The view is great,
though.
The town looks so small
from here. Staying holed up there all this time instead of going on adventures
is making me feel so insignificant…
“Alright, let’s gather
the patpatium and head back before it gets dark.”
On the way back, I
decided I didn’t want to go on adventures anymore.
Part 8
There’s a saying that an
adventure isn’t over until you make it back.
“Ahhhhhhhh! Speed Rune!
Speeeeeeeed!”
After Angie shouted, her
speed visibly increased.
I ran ahead of her in
silence.
“You’re just a pathetic
adventurer, how are you so fast!?”
I have escaping skills.
“Haa… answer me, pathetic
loser! Don’t try to run away on your own!”
You’ll run out of breath
if you keep talking while running.
I glanced over my
shoulder. “Just drop the stones! We don’t need so many anyway!”
“We’re almost back, so
I’m not leaving them behind! Besides, they’re pretty! Rune Knights use gems for
skills! You can never have too many!”
With tears in her eyes,
Angie clung desperately to her nearly overflowing backpack.
Almost poetically, the
mountain qoatlus is chasing after us. I can hear the trees cracking behind us.
The quoatlus is huge, but
not very agile.
I doubt Bind will work
against it, it’s way too big. I don’t think all my ropes would be able to wrap
around its body.
Not much I can do, at
least if it were on the ground I could cast Freeze or something…
“Hey, do you have any of
those Flash Fireworks? They’ve become very popular lately.”
“I’m not someone who
chases trends, I don’t have any!”
Spotting a large rock on
the way, I grabbed my bow and jumped on top of it. I turned around and aimed
directly at the qoatlus’ massive head.
“I had one, but I used
one to escape from three aggressive Advanced Classes! So I’m blinding it in
another way! Snipe!”
“Sorry for thinking you
were a worthless pathetic loser! You’re a reliable pathetic loser!”
The accuracy of sniping
skills depends on the luck stat.
The arrow I fired struck
a flower on the qoatlus’ head, sending it flying away.
(Groaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!)
“How do you miss that
badly!? You pathetic loser! You hit the flower!”
“Sorry, but I have a high
luck stat. I think I wanted that flower a bit too much…”
I caught the falling
flower while continuing to run.
With the beloved flower
gone, the qoatlus looks extremely angry now.
Maybe I could try again
and aim for the eye?
Maybe I’ll miss again and
hit one of the butterflies this time…
We’re almost back in
town.
At this rate, we might
just make it.
Should I keep running, or
fire another shot…?
While wondering what to
do…
“...I can’t carry all
this back to town anymore. Here! Keep running! I’ll hold it off, go call for
reinforcements!”
Angie suddenly tossed me
her bag and stopped running.
I instinctively turned
around and saw her getting ready to fight the qoatlus.
The
bratty little girl from before was gone. Standing there instead was a veteran
adventurer preparing for a desperate battle.
“Sorry to spoil your cool
act,” I called out to Angie. “But this is Axel! Doesn’t matter how badass you
think you are, this will have an anticlimactic end! Just come with me and
everything will work out!”
“Listen to your senior
for one! You see, pathetic lo—Ah!”
I grabbed her hand and
kept running without looking back.
I could hear the sound of
flapping steel and heavy breathing behind me.
The setting sun cast its
light over the city, just as the bells started to echo.
“That’s the emergency
bell! If I buy enough time, reinforcements will come! Let go of me, pathetic
loser! It’s a senior’s duty to protect the rookies! I’ll show you what a Rune
Knight can do! Sigil Burst!”
Angie took a necklace
from her chest and shouted.
That’s not the emergency
bell, it’s the evening bell.
With a monster so huge
flying towards the city there’s no way they don’t know about it already.
“I commend you for trying
to act as a cool senior all the way to the end, but we’re almost there! Get
down, something very powerful is coming!”
“What!? Stop spouting
nonsense, pathetic loser! Let go of me, I’ll take care of—!”
The moment I pulled her
to the ground, a bright red light shone upon the qoatlus.
A destructive light I’m
very familiar with.
With our trump card fired
at the qoatlus, Angie and I were tossed around by the powerful blast.
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!”
I think Angie screamed
something, but the roar of the explosion drowned it out completely.
Looking up, the qoatlus
was nowhere to be seen.
“...incredible…”
Lying on the ground,
Angie muttered something.
Part 9
“Hey, were you trying to
kill me!?” covered in dirt and dust, I kicked open the mansion’s front door.
“Aqua, I’m deaf, heal me!”
Aqua approached me and
casted a healing spell.
In the hall, Megumin was
slumped on the couch, looking exhausted but satisfied, as if she’d accomplished
exactly what she set out to do.
“So, the mountain qoatlus
came here because you guided it. It’s been so long since I’ve defeated such a
large monster! Thank you!”
Did she seriously cast
Explosion without even checking who was nearby!?
For some reason, she
seemed flustered.
“Don’t worry, Explosion
Magic is art! I saw someone being chased, so I adjusted my spell to minimize
the damage!”
“You still did plenty of
damage! Besides, you just fired and then left me there! …Well, I almost got
eaten alive, so I guess I should be grateful.”
Nearby, Darkness was
removing her armor with a loud clatter. She probably carried Megumin home
again.
She suddenly turned to
me. “Are those… flowers and minerals? So you went on an adventure…”
I was carrying the Helios
Brom from the qoatlus’ head, alongside some patpatium and belagimite.
Rather than turning it to
the guild, I brought the flower back as a memento from my adventure.
After what happened,
Angie got so shaken up she just told me to take everything and leave.
“Patpatium, belagimite
and a Helios Brom. They’re very difficult to get, consider yourself lucky,
pathetic loser. Show them off to your friends.”
That’s what she told me.
Honestly, just what I expected from my bratty senior, but as it was a kind
gesture, as kind as she can get at least, I gratefully accepted.
“I figured a noblewoman
would recognize these. Do you want some?
“Huh? N-no, not really… I
just think the flower is beautiful. As a noblewoman, I know quite a bit about
flowers, but I’ve never seen one like this before.”
I proudly laid my spoils
out on the table.
“This is a Helios Brom, a
flower that grows on the head of mountain qoatlus. And some patpatium and
belagimite. Do you know anything about them?”
“That’s the mineral Earl
Sutton is obsessed with. Apparently, all the decorative stones in his garden
are made of belagimite.” I tried to show off by repeating what Angie told me.
I wonder why she knows so
much about it?
“That’s a really fine
chunk of belagimite. Kazuma, Kazuma, would you trade it with me? I don’t know
what it is, but I found this weird rock that stays warm all the time. Hold on,
where did I put it…”
“That’s not fair, Aqua! I
want a gift too! Patpatium is such a cool name. I don’t know what I’d do with
it though.”
For some reason they like
the junk I brought.
While Darkness doesn’t
seem to care for the minerals, she’s gazing longingly at the Helios Brom…
“Relax. I’ll give them to
you if you want them. But in exchange, you all have to listen to Uncle Kazuma’s
life-risking adventure story and properly admire me.”
Darkness happily picked
the flower and put it in a vase.
Today I had a real
adventure for the first time in a long time.
The view from the summit
would’ve been perfect if not for the dumb trees.
My sniping instantly
killed two kobolds, and I proved my Enemy Detection skill is incredibly useful.
There are many other
things I want to tell everyone about, like the big fight against the qoatlus.
“This pathetic loser
wants to be admired? Well, I don’t have anything better to do, so fine. I’ll
listen.”
“I want something with a
great ending. Make sure your story ends with Explosion magic, okay?”
…well, that is
how it ended.
Although it’s completely
dark outside, the interior is illuminated by a dim light.
The Helios Brom emits a
soft light.
“This flower grows on the
head of qoatlus, right? Those monsters can’t see well at night. They also fly
for days before coming back to the ground. Maybe they use the flowers to see
through the night.” Darkness said, gazing at the light of the flower.
“More importantly, you’re
all filthy! Talk after you take a bath. Kazuma, it was your turn to cook
tonight, but since you brought us presents, I’ll make dinner instead.”
I decided to quietly
accept Aqua’s rare show of affection.
“The light is beautiful,
but it’s dim. Let’s turn on more lights. But not the kind that nearly blinded
us this morning.”
“That’s right! You were
really awful to us this morning!”
I ignored them and headed
to the bathroom.
Now that I think about
it, who wrote the book that inspired me to go on an adventure?
“Wait, Megumin. Wait
until Kazuma comes back to turn on the lights. The ghost girl doesn’t like it
when it’s too bright. She’s unusually excited, maybe she’s looking to hear an
adventure story.”
“A ghost would probably
prefer dim lighting. I’m not scared of ghosts or anything, but let’s all sit
closer together just in case.”
“There’s no need for
that… or what, are you scared of ghosts, Megumin? Ah! I was right, wasn’t I?
S-stop pulling my hair!”
I want them to read the
book too, so I picked it up, casually glancing at the author’s name.
Anna Philante Estroid[5], I can’t
help but think I’ve heard that name before.
Once I get out of the
bath, which story should I start with?
I really want to tell
them about the bratty, but reliable senior.
“Say, if the ghost girl
were jumping on top of the patpatium, what would you do?”
“Stop her! Darkness, I
don’t like this!”
“I can’t do anything…”
Ignoring the annoying voices, I pondered about today’s adventure.

thanks for the translation. Axel's number 1 tourist attraction is at it again.
ReplyDelete